.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

greengalloway

As all that is solid melts to air and everything holy is profaned...

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

New Mob cd out now


I was quietly celebrating my 49th (cough) birthday on Sunday when I got an e-mail from John Esplen of Overground Records asking for my address so he could send me a copy of their new Mob record : "May inspire revolutionary acts" : OVER115VP CD

It came this morning. It has 20 tracks, the first 9 taken from the 1981 Ching cassette, then a version of Crying Again from 1979, the original (pre- Penny Rimbaud remix) version of No Doves Fly Here, 4 tracks from the 1980 'A Tribute to Bert Weedon' cassette and the final three tracks recorded live at Meanwhile Gardens 1983. Plus a booklet of photos, Mob graphics and details of the original recordings ... and some text by myself.

Listening to it has sent a few shivers down my back bone. My memories of those early eighties days seem so distant, so far away, yet the music is so fresh, so immediate. Timeless even.

I could say more. But then I already have. So go and do yourself a favour, unplug your mp3 player and try another flavour... and let the tribe increase.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday for last Sunday Alistair!
Looking forward to THE MOB CD. My tape copy of 'Ching' is shedding oxide fast! Been a good time recently for classic bands getting archived what with the BLOOD & ROSES, FLOWERS IN THE DUSTBIN & NUCLEAR SOCKETTS reissues.
Always enjoy reading this blogs.
Rich

8:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home